Terms & Conditions
We Mean By The Following:
We: Aquarium Plumbing Ltd.
Us: Aquariums Plumbing Ltd.
You: The Customer
1. The supplier of the goods under your order is Aquariums Plumbing Ltd. (Company number 09725409 Registered in England and Wales) whose trading address is Unit 3, 128 Brookfield Drive Aintree Liverpool L9 7AJ.
Placing Your Order
2. When you order goods from us a contract will be formed between us at the point of order.
3. All prices shown Online are Gross and already include VAT at the standard rate. Our UK VAT number is GB 296000808.
4. You must agree to these Terms and Conditions either via our tick box on our Online site or if a telephone order you agree to these terms by placing that order.
5. Once placed we are unable to change the contents of your order.
6. We will not deliver your goods until they are paid for in full, including the shipping costs.
6a. We will not deliver your goods if the correct delivery charge has not been paid.
7. We will normally deliver your order within the time frame of the delivery service unless items are out of stock if this is the case we will contact you with the new lead time.
8. Delivery will be made by a third party and some services will require a signature.
9. The delivery agent must be informed that you are accepting the goods as "NOT CHECKED" or "DAMAGED" You must ensure this is noted on the paperwork or POD (Point of Delivery Machine). We will not accept a damage report unless you contact us within 48 hours of delivery and "Not CHECKED" or "Damaged" is noted.
10. We will not accept a shortage report unless you contact us within 48 hours of delivery and "Not CHECKED" or "Damaged" is noted as above (Item 9).
11. You agree that refusal of our delivery will incur delivery costs and return delivery costs which will be deducted from any refund due. Any goods returned to us because of a failed delivery
and/or you have failed to collect from the courier, you agree that delivery costs and return delivery costs will be borne by you which will be deducted from any refund due
Collection of goods
12. Goods to be collected must be paid for apon collection.
Delays in delivery
13. Occasionally the delivery of your goods may be delayed by circumstances outside our control. If for any reason we are unable to deliver the goods or to have them ready for collection then we will contact you for instructions.
14. You agree that we (or our appointed agents) may examine and test any goods that are claimed to be defective to establish whether those defects are our responsibility. Where we need to send the goods away for examination and testing, you agree that these goods will be returned to us at your cost.
15. Where defective goods are exchanged, you must return these goods to us at your cost. Also the shipping cost of the replacment goods will be borne by you. Please also note that you may have to wait for replacement goods that are non-stock items.
16. Nothing in this section affects your statutory rights as a consumer
Your rights to cancel part or your full order
17. All customers have the right to cancel their order or part of it for up to 14 calendar days after receiving the goods, day one starts the following day after receipt. All item(s) must be returned in their original condition.
This is not applicable to non-stock items, single items contained in a package or any item that is cut to size, for example "hose", RO pipe.
Non-returnable items are stated in the description. All return costs will be borne by you.
17a. If the goods are returned and we receive them after the 14-day period a refund will not be paid.
The goods will remain your property and we will only return them to you if you pay us a return postage charge, this will be our standard charge which is shown on our delivery page.
If you do not require the goods to be returned or you have failed to pay us the postage charge, they will not be resold and after 90 calendar days they will be disposed of.
18. Your refund will be processed as soon as possible and in any event within no more than 14 days of the day you have given us notice of cancellation (Receipt of Goods).
19. To obtain a refund you must return the goods to us immediately at your cost and in the same condition in which you received them, the original packaging must be unopened and undamaged.
20. If you fail to return the goods as required within 10 days of cancellation, you will be deemed to have re-ordered the goods at the price you originally paid for them.
21. Until the goods are returned to us, you are responsible if the goods are lost, damaged or destroyed. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the goods while they are in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation we may have a right of action against you for compensation.
22. We will only make a refund using the same method of payment originally used by you to pay for your purchase.
22a. If you have received free delivery due to your order valve being above the threshold and your returned items reduces that value below the threshold then a delivery charge will be due for the original delivery. This will be deducted from any due refund
25. Our staff are trained to provide excellent service. However, we will not be held liable for any advice that we give.
23. All goods are subject to availability. If for any reason beyond our control we are unable to supply any goods then you will be offered a full refund or, if available and acceptable to you, substitute goods of equivalent quality and price.
24. To get the most out of any goods, you should take care to follow the care instructions. The goods we sell are for consumers for general domestic use only. All product details and dimensions are approximate only. We must be notified at the point of sale if the goods are to be used in any accommodation that you let to a third party or if in any other circumstances the goods will not be under your day to day control.
26. The information we collect via this website may include any personal details you knowingly provide us with through forms and our email, such as name, address, telephone number, etc. It may be necessary for the bank or card-processing agency to verify your personal details for authorisation in order to effectively process credit or debit card transactions. Such information will not be transferred for any other purpose.
Any information we collect from our website is in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 and other laws. The details we collect will only be used to process your order and to provide after sales service.
Credit/debit card security on the internet is extremely important to us. We try to provide our customers with the most secure way of making payments online. All data entered with regards to your credit/debit cards is via Sagepay's encrypted system. Sagepay are the largest independent payment service provider in the UK. Any data that is passed through our system is in an unreadable format that cannot be compromised. Customers are encouraged to input their credit/debit card details on their order form. Please do not send your credit/debit card details via email. If you have any queries about using our system, please contact our sales team.
27. We will not be responsible for any delay in complying or failure to comply with our obligations under these conditions of sale if that delay or failure is due to any circumstances outside our reasonable control including without limitation fire, flood, acts of terrorism.
28. We recommend that you do not order perishable stock for your aquarium until our goods are received and accepted by yourself. We will not be held liable for lost of stock due to delivery delays.
29. These conditions of sale are in addition to, and do not affect, your statutory rights as a consumer. They are the only terms and conditions that are applicable to your order.
30. You may not transfer your rights under the contract between us to any third party without the prior written consent of Aquarium Plumbing Ltd.
31. If any term of these conditions of sale is determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, then such term will be severed from the remaining terms which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
32. If you do not comply with these conditions of sale and we take no action in respect of that non-compliance, our right to take action in the same or a similar situation in the future will not be affected.
33. The contract between us will be governed by English law.